Immigration Resources for Graduates

With graduation approaching you might be experiencing mixed feelings such as excitement and pride over your success along with the uncertainty that comes along with the daunting task of not knowing what to do next because you are not a U.S. citizen or a legal permanent resident.

You may need help in understanding United States immigration laws and procedures and figuring out what to do next to remain in the United States after you have completed your studies and received your diploma. You can try to obtain work authorization through Optional Practical Training (OPT) and then switch over to an H-1B temporary working visa to extend your stay in the U.S. and eventually get your green card.