Family (H-4)

If you have H-1B worker status, your spouse and/or unmarried sons or daughters can obtain H-4 status, which allows them to stay in the United States for as long your H-1B status remains in effect. Under H-4 status, immediate relatives cannot be employed in the U.S., but if they independently qualify for employment status then they may apply to change their status.