Permanent Residence

718 La Migra has helped its clients achieve lawful permanent residency, otherwise referred to as green cards, through a variety of methods, ranging from permanent residency through employment to marriage to relatives. The majority of immigrants obtain their green cards through sponsorship of relatives or employers. Others also obtain their green cards through asylum, green card lottery, and EB-5 investments, etc.

The method of obtaining a green card is dependent on whether the individual is living abroad or already living in the U.S.

Most people residing in the U.S. are eligible to adjust their status to legal permanent residency without having to leave the U.S., but if any violation occurred in relation to your lawful immigration status, the person may only qualify if he/she: (1) is an “immediate relative of a U.S. citizen (parent, spouse, or child); (2) qualifies under section 245(i) of the law and pays a fine; (3) qualifies under section 245(k) of the law as an employment-based immigrant; or (4) qualifies under section 209 if he/she is an asylee or refugee.

Those living abroad must apply for an immigrant visa at a consular office of the Department of States. Once they have been issued a visa they may enter the United States and become legal immigrants when they pass the port of entry.

A green card grants a person the ability to stay and work in the United States for the rest of his/her life so long as he/she does not leave the country and remain outside for a substantially long period or engage in inappropriate behavior that can make the person subject to deportation.

718 La Migra can help you on your journey to obtaining a green card with the best guidance and representation.




Como Obtener Una Tarjeta Verde Atravez del Matrimonio